Bodhi Be is helping people by recognizing death as a sacred and spiritual passage. He is the Executive Director of Doorway Into Light, a 501c3 nonprofit educational and charitable organization. The organization is engaged in advocacy and educational programs regarding Death and Dying on Maui, Hawaii, with families and professionals in the field.
Doorway Into Light is also actively engaged in helping dying people, their families and care-givers. He runs the Death Store as well as has a funeral home which is the only nonprofit and only certified green funeral home in Hawaii, where he offers low-cost, personalized, green burials and ocean body burials.
Do you have an exploring death story you’d like to share with Lisa? Please leave a comment on the podcast or contact Lisa at LisaExploringDeath@gmail.com
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Link to the 3rd International Death Doula Training
Special Listener Gift
- How Bodhi got interested in death – 1:32
- His first experience with death – 3:31
- Why he created the most unique and special funeral home in Hawaii – 4:38
- A death phobic culture and what we can do about it – 10:19
- The toxins that go into the burial process – 14:22
- How to have a green burial – 16:13
- The death training program – 20:55
- Lisa doing a reading for Bodhi – 28:35
Review, Subscribe and Share
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.
- Click here to subscribe with iTunes
- Click here to follow on Spotify
- Click here to subscribe with Stitcher
- Click here to subscribe with RSS
We live in a death-phobic world, everything dies but people 'pass away' Click To Tweet
Tweet and Share: